Dear Valued Kurio User,
We want to thank all our fans for your helpful feedback to improve Kurio and make our tablet even more fun to use for the whole family!
Based upon your comments, we would like to announce that we have made extensive upgrades to the Kurio system, so it is simpler to use and customize. We have also upgraded the Kurio Store, which will make it easier for you to find and download your favorite apps.
To download and install this important update, please follow the steps below.
Once you have installed the new Kurio update, you will have several new options to get the apps you want. Browse apps selected by the Kurio Team to ensure they are family-friendly and kid safe by pressing the Kurio Store button.
For even more hit apps, you can easily use other app stores with one touch! Install another store, such as Amazon App Store or 1Mobile Market, by pressing the Download New Store button. A list of available stores will come up for you to easily install.
Once it is installed, press the Other Stores button to view and access the additional stores available on your Kurio. Please note that other app stores are not managed by the Kurio Team, so please check that any apps downloaded are age-appropriate for your child.
Thank you again for all your help and feedback to further enhance your time spent with Kurio. We strive to make your experience with Kurio as fun and rewarding as possible, so please check out our brand new update and let us know what you think!
-The Kurio Team
1. Before starting the update, please make sure your Kurio is connected to a Wi-Fi network and that you have a strong signal.
2. Please also confirm that your Kurio is fully charged and plugged in to ensure your tablet will have a sufficient charge during the update.
3. To begin the update, sign into the Parental Area by typing in your parental password. NOTE: If you are in Pattern Mode, please switch to Text Mode to enter your password before proceeding.
4. Kurio will automatically check for updates, and a download screen will appear.
5. Your Kurio will also check to make sure there is enough memory on your system to download the update. If you have downloaded a lot of apps, Kurio will ask you to move them to an SD Card to free up memory.
Please refer to the following question on our FAQ: What can I do if there is not enough memory on the system to install updates or install more apps?
6. The download for the system update will then start. Once the download is complete, Kurio will inform you that this is a system application and will ask you to confirm the update. Press the OK button and then the INSTALL button to proceed.
7. After the installation is complete, press the DONE button. Please do not press the OPEN button as it may prevent your tablet from completely receiving the necessary updates.
8. Your Kurio will briefly switch to the Android system and then back to the Kurio Interface to install the update to Kurio. NOTE: If your tablet stays in the Android interface, press the Kurio app on the main screen to switch back to the Kurio Interface.
9. Sign into the Parental Area again with your password. The system will inform you that an upgrade has been found and will ask you to choose to install the upgrade now or later. Press the INSTALL NOW button.
10. Your Kurio will then download several applications to upgrade. Once the downloads are finished, Kurio will install three updated applications and ask you to confirm the update to each app. Press OK to proceed and then the INSTALL button to install each app.
11. When each app is complete, press DONE to exit. Please do not press the OPEN button as it may prevent your Kurio from properly loading all the necessary updates to each app.
12. At the conclusion of the app updates, the Kurio Interface will briefly switch to the Android system and then back to restart the Kurio Interface.
13. Congratulations, the update is complete! Check out the new upgrades and the updated Kurio Store!
You can also download the update directly from this link
To learn more about your Kurio, please visit our FAQs, how to videos, and more in the Support section of our website.
You can also use the following link to learn more about the new Kurio Store: What’s different about the new Kurio Store?